Friday, August 20, 2010

It's a boy!

As I was watching the nurse take measurements of the baby's head, legs, etc. I kept thinking that I was going to see that it was a boy. I was kindof hoping that I wouldn't see that "turtle" as they call it. But as soon as she scanned over to his bottom, there it was lol. I was completely shocked because I was really thinking that it was going to be a girl this time. You see, because we have gotten pregnant so quickly with Ethan and Jayden, we were wanting to be done at 3 kids. Ish and I both really want a girl and so we told ourselves if it was a girl we were going to be done, but if it was a boy we were going to have try again. Looks like God has a different plan for us. We'll see where it leads us!

Although I was hoping for a change of pace and really looking forward to buying all those cute dresses, I realize that the season of life that we are in right now just makes sense for us to have a boy. Times are tough so it's nice that we won't need to do any extra baby shopping. Except I really want a video monitor this time! I'm hoping we can at least get that and stock up on some diapers :)
We are definitely excited to be bringing in another boy into this family of ours. I'm hoping there's going to be a lot of fishing trips with daddy in the future so I can do some shopping :)
I am truly blessed that God is allowing us to raise 3 Godly men one day. We're going to need as many Godly men in this crazy world as we can! I'm kindof already starting to feel the pressure so it's definitely going to take a lot of prayer so that my boys will grow up to be great leaders for Christ. I definitely believe that God gives you the children that you need and that you can handle. I never thought I could handle more than 2 boys but apparently I can!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment