Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sneaky ham & cheese soup

Tonight I decided to use a recipe I had for Ham and cheese soup, but as I was making it I decided to do a little tweaking by sneaking in a little extra veggies to it. It turned out really good and both the boys ate it and was able to get 3 veggies in them without them even knowing :) So here's the recipe if you are interested in doing a little sneaking yourself!

2 Russet Potatoes cut up
1 grated carrot
1 grated zucinni
1/2 cup of fresh spinach chopped in blender
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Boil everything together in 2 cups of water. Melt 1/4 cup of margarine in separate pan. Combine 1/4 cup of flour, 2 cup milk, and 2 cup of shredded cheese and 1 cup of cubed ham until well blended. Comgine other ingredients and boil all together for 10 min and serve!

I had decided to grate the vegetables b/c when I cut up carrots the boys tend to skip over them. Once the soup was done, you couldn't even see the vegetables so my plan worked..even on my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment