Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Could it finally be?

Lastnight I put Ethan to bed around 8:00 and I went to bed at 9:30 because I wanted to get in as much sleep as I could. Usually Ethan wakes up about every 3 hours so I was expecting to get up as usual. To my amazement I woke up around 1:30 and realized he was still sleeping. I was so glad but I still thought he would wake me up soon. I heard him cry a couple of times but it was only for a few minutes and he fell right back to sleep. Well the next time I woke up it was around 4:30 and he was still sleeping! At this point Ethan had been sleeping for about 8 hrs without me having to feed him. I was so estatic! I kept thinking to myself, "Could this finally be the day that he sleeps through the night?"...Well, I spoke to soon b/c around 5:00 he woke up crying so I had to feed him. But I wasn't complaining b/c that was the first time I had gotten 7 straight hours of sleep since he was born! I felt so refreshed when I had to get up but I still went back to bed after he fell asleep again. Ethan decided to sleep until 8:00 this morning so I definitley got plenty of sleep lastnight! It's amazing how much energy you have when you get the amount of sleep your body needs and my body has been craving it for 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment