Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ethan's 1st beach trip

Ethan went to Myrtle beach for the 1st time and loved it! He didn't really have a reaction at first and just kindof sat there and took it all in. After awhile he started to put his hands in the sand and would try and catch the waves as they came up on shore. It was soo cute. Ishmael had a great time interacting with him at the beach. Ish would lay Ethan on his boogie board and pull him around on the water. Every now and then it made me nervous thinking he was going to roll off the board when a big wave came. Thankfully Ish caught him in time! So I would say that Ethan enjoyed his time at the beach. He did get exhausted and had a hard time napping on the beach but he managed to get a cat nap in every now and then.
Ethan has started to eat really well and so far likes anything I give him. I thought he was going to be a picky eater like his daddy but I kept introducing it over and over and eventually he grew to like all the vegetables. Now I'm starting to give him fruits and I know he won't have a problem with those since they are much sweeter. As far as the sleeping goes... well, he got really spoiled on this beach trip because I didn't want to keep our friends up all night with him crying. But as soon as we got home I have been trying really hard to stick with his routine and to not nurse him when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Most of the time he's not hungry and just wants me to nurse him back to sleep. Last night he only woke up twice crying but he eventually fell back to sleep. So we are making progress! Hopefully this time he'll stick with it and not go back to his old ways! The boy is 6 months old and growing fast. I cannot believe he has hit the 6 month mark. It feels like just yesterday that he was a newborn and I was wishing he was 6 months old and now it's here!

No comments:

Post a Comment