Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Why me...

I want to say this past month has been quite interesting. Ish and I decided to go out of town to Hilton head for the weekend and left Ethan with my parents. Over that weekend Ethan developed a terrible cold and so he just wasn't himself at all. All the hardwork it took to get him sleeping through the night slowly went out the window. He woke up in the middle of the night crying and my parents just couldn't get him to calm down. Poor thing was just miserable. The only thing that calmed him of course was eating. So needless to say by the time I got him on Sunday he was still sick and needed comfort throughout the night. Well ever since that week I have not been able to get him back on his good sleeping schedule. Ethan is almost 6 months now and he's still not sleeping through the night! I am trying so hard to get him back where he was but when he wakes up he just cries and cries and no matter what I do, the only thing that calms him down is to be fed. I didn't mind doing it for a while because I knew he was going through a growth spurt, but seriously it's been like 4 weeks now!
On a good note, I have been feeding Ethan oatmeal 3 times a day for about a week and I think he's finally getting used to it where he'll open his mouth and eat it. It has definitely taken him a while but he's getting there. Pretty soon we'll start some veggies!
It's so hard to believe that Ethan will be 6 months next week. It's amazing how fast he has grown! The neat thing is that he's getting more exciting everyday. I love how he can sit up and play with his toys now. He is constantly reaching for things in front of him. He's a curious little booger. It's so cute how the littliest thing can be so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment