Friday, October 3, 2008

"What's the big deal with the pumpkins?"

Right now I am missing my baby boy. My parents came up to visit for the day and took Ethan for the weekend so that Ish and I could get some house projects done while Ethan is gone. It was sad seeing him go but I knew he was in good hands. When Ish and I got home this evening he told me he missed his boy and I totally agreed. It's amazing how empty you feel when your baby is gone. Sometimes it's nice to have a little break to do something as a couple, but we still miss him!
Today we took Ethan to the pumpkin patch for the very 1st time. I was so excited to see how would act and couldn't wait to pick out his pumpkin. As soon as we got there, we immediately went to the bin full of the baby pumpkins so Ethan could see them. He acted very interested at 1st and wanted to touch them. Because I wanted to take pictures with the pumpkins around him, we sat him down in the grass next to the big pumpkins. Well Ethan has never really sat in the grass before ( I know, weird!) but he just started crawling so there has really been no need for him to be in the grass. Anyways, b/c of this he was very intrigued with the grass touching his legs and not interested in looking at the pumpkins, much less the camera. We tried everything to get him to look and touch the pumpkins but he just wouldn't do it. At one point we tried to get him to stand next to the pumpkin and to hold himself up with it. But when I picked him up off the ground, he just left his legs in the sitting position and wouldn't stand up! Ethan was acting very strange and not himself. It was like he was scared of the pumpkins or something. We tried to get as many pictures as we could but he never did look at the camera and acted more interested in other things besides pumpkins. I felt like Ethan was saying to me, "Mom what's the big deal with the pumpkins! Seriously!" Even though I didn't quite get the reaction I wanted from him, we still had a good time. We eventually picked out a baby pumpkin for Ethan and decided not to get one for ourselves. I just couldn't find one that I really liked. All of them were really big and I'm just way too picky. Maybe I'll pick one up at the grocery store if it catches my eye. So that was our eventful day and a good memory to put in the scrapbook (if I ever start it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment