Sunday, February 1, 2009

A social butterfly

Lastnight Ish and I took Ethan to this indoor playground at our church. It's called Kids Cove and it's for all ages. They have an area for toddlers and then they have an area for the bigger kids to climb through tunnels and go down slides. Anyways, we decided to take Ethan there since he's walking now and thought he'd enjoy playing around. His face just lit up as soon as we walked in there. There were kids running all over the place. I was kindof nervous as I sat there watching him walk from one end to the other with children running right past him. The funny thing is, it didn't faze him one bit. He was having a great time just being around all the children. At one point as he was walking around and my husband was following behind him, Ethan would stop at each parent and just stare at them and smile. I couldn't help think that he was being social just like his father. It made me realize that Ethan will probably grow up smiling and talking to people he doesn't know and being that social butterfly. It was very cute to see my husbands greatest qualities being produced in my little boy. It's amazing to me how he has qualities of me and Ishmael. I just hope that we will always be good examples to our children. Just when you think they aren't paying attention, they suprise you with either a phrase you may say or an attitude that is like yours. I guess you could say that parenting really challenges me daily to want to strive to be a woman of God and to be that perfect wife and mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment