Tuesday, February 24, 2009

When funds are tight...

I'm so excited about the $ I saved at CVS that I just had to blog about it. But 1st let me back up and say that we've really been tight on funds recently and especially since there's a new baby coming along and so I'm determined to do everything I can to save any kind of $ when I go to the grocery store. Recently there were these 2 woman on Good Morning America explaining how they get coupons for things and explain how to use them. These women end up saving tons of $ when they go to the store. They've created a website with links on where to get coupons and also tips on how to save $. I was very interested in their stories so I decided to check it out and do some smart shopping on my own. First I went and bought the Sunday paper and clipped out coupons of things that I could use and then I started going through the fliers of different stores for that week. I looked at the items that were on sale at Target, Kroger and CVS and wrote down what I could buy from them and then I compared the items to see who had the best offer. All 3 stores were advertising Pampers to be on sale and suprisingly CVS had the best offer. I had also gotten a coupon off my receipt from a previous purchase that would save me $5 off $15 or more purchase, so right then I knew I could save more $ by buying the diapers at CVS. CVS also had their tissues on sale for buy 1/1 free and some toothe paste for 88 cents! Because I needed both these items I decided to purchase them there. While I was there I also noticed that they had chips ahoy cookies on sale for buy 1/1 free so I couldn't pass that up! I ended up buying 2 packs of diapers for $14.99 each, 2 boxes of tissues, 2 things of cookies, & toothe paste all for $33.00. Because I had my CVS card and an extra coupon, I saved almost $20! so if you think about it, I basically got all the extra items for free after purchasing the diapers! I was so excited and just wanted to share my news with everyone.
So now I am going to plan out my grocery shopping differently so that I can save the most $ where I can. It may mean me going to 3 different stores to do so but in the end it'll be worth it and my husband will appreciate it as well. And now, clipping coupons and searching for them online is like a hobby to me!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! Check out (if you haven't already ) www.moneysavingmom.com and I have several other ones on my blog that I keep up with that help you save money! I've gotten hooked on this coupon thing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I have started to get really interested in coupons too. I cut them out, take them with me, and forget to use them EVERY stinkin time. It drives me crazy! I'm glad you got such a good deal- and yay for not passing up the cookies! :)

    ReplyDelete