Sunday, July 26, 2009

Ethan's vocabulary

Ethan has been saying a lot of new words just recently. He's got a couple of books with pictures of things and after reading to him at night, I started putting those books in his crib. I did this so that he would see these books when he wakes up so that he'll be in a good mood and not scream for me to come get him. Well in the morning I can hear him saying his usual words, ball, truck, uh oh, no, trash. Well recently we've been trying to get him to say eye, nose, mouth, etc. Well he's finally picked up on "eye" and he'll point to his eye. It's so cute because he drags the word out when he says it. Once I saw this I started to try and teach him I love you in sign language. So far he hasn't picked up on it but I'm hoping he will soon.
He's also started to repeat more words to us when we ask him to. A few things he has said:
Water sounds like War, fish sounds like tish, he can count to 3 but skips #1 and says two, tree, kitty, & thank you but know one would be able to understand that's what he's saying.
It's exciting to hear him learning more words and very cute to hear his little voice trying to pronounce them.

No comments:

Post a Comment