Monday, July 20, 2009

My good deals

Yesterday I was able to get out of the house and just do some browsing and decided to check out Big Lots. I don't shop there often but I was on a mission to find a cheap outdoor mat (which they did not have) but as I was looking around, an employee gave me a 20% coupon to use on my entire purchase. So I decided to take advantage of this coupon to get things that I normally don't buy unless I run out of. I ended up getting some shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, loofah, sandwhich bags and a few other things for only $6.00! I was pretty excited for just running into those good deals without me planning it.
Since I've started clipping coupons I am constantly checking the sale fliers for the best deal. My grocery shopping usually consists of me going to Walmart, Kroger, CVS and sometimes Target. Well last week I went to CVS and came across their deal of spending $15 of Kelloggs products then you'll receive $5 in extra bucks. This was a great deal to me b/c this included the kelloggs protein bars which I eat one almost everyday. These are at least $7 a box so to see that they were on sale for $5 a box I couldn't pass up such an offer. I ended up getting 3 boxes of the protein bars and a box of nutrigrain bars as well. They also had a deal on their Gain detergent to receive $2 in extra bucks so I snagged that deal too. It would have been nice to have a coupon to put on top of that but those don't come around too often. I ended up getting $7 worth of coupons back which made me happy. I am planning to get a beach chair with the umbrella and so I'm planning on using those coupons toward that purchase. That's if I make it there before they all sell out. Thing are just so busy at the LaBiosa household that it's not as easy for me to go out shopping like I used to, especially when the boys are with me. I tend to just stay at the house b/c I don't like dealing with all the work of leaving it. I only leave when I absolutely have to!
So that's my deals for last week and I'm constantly checking the papers for even more. Sale and coupon hunting have definitely become addicting!

2 comments: