Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So much to say

Today started off kindof cruddy with Ishmael getting Jayden and bringing him in the room when I just wasn't ready to get up yet. Every morning I have to grab a sweatshirt and slippers b/c it's always freezing downstairs and of course I'd like to go to the bathroom and brush my teeth, and then I go get Jayden. But not this morning. So despite my cranky mood I really wanted some muffins. I usually just make the muffins that you add milk to but didnt have any in the pantry but I remembered that I had come across a recipe of Mocha Banana Chocolate chip muffins. I managed to have all the ingredients and started baking them. I added a few healthy ingredients like applesauce, wheat flour, wheat germ and oat bran to the mix, and let me just say they were delicious! You couldn't even taste the healthy stuff! Well since thats what Ethan had for breakfast he was in a great mood. Who wouldn't be after having chocolate lol. I actually was a little hesitant to give it to him but I thought I'd live a little on the edge today :)
I also introduced to him a new activity that a good friend of mine told me she used to do w/ her preschoolers. What you do is take a paper clip and bend it to where he can hold the curled part and stick with the pointy part. Then draw out either a shape or letter on a piece of paper and place on the carpet and have him poke holes along the lines. Basically its really good for their hand and eye coordination. I also think it helps him really focus. You can also save the pictures and see how he progresses each week by following the lines. Ethan loved this activity and would get so excited if he actually poked a whole b/c he had a hard time holding the paper clip the right way. I definitely will be doing this one on a weekly basis!
Also today I have noticed how well his vocabulary is progressing. I think it's so cute how he repeats what I say. He had macaroni for lunch and I forgot to put a bib on him and I say "oh no, you made a mess!" And he just repeated, oh no, a mess. It was cute.
He is definitely a learning machine right now and I'm loving it! Now if I can just get him to take a nap today!

1 comment:

  1. It throws me off when my routine is different in the mornings, I'm sure it is with kids on top of that!

    ReplyDelete