Monday, April 12, 2010

Jayden is ONE!

It amazes me how fast this past year has just flown by. Jayden grew up in the blink of an eye. He turned 1 on Saturday and we had his 1st birthday party on Sunday. We decided to try and keep it small and simple this time and only invited a few close friends and family. We planned everything to be outside and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I was running around like a crazy person to get everything perfect for the party and we all managed to pull it off. Everyone had a great time and more importantly Jayden had a blast. It was a little difficult to try and keep all the focus on him since Ethan wanted to open all his presents and take them. Jayden got upset when Ethan would take his toy away from him and even through a mini tantrum (it actually was kindof funny) but overall it went well. I'm just glad it's easy to distract Jayden...for now anyways.
My parents got the boys matching chairs for the living room and they both love them. Jayden likes to climb in and out of them over and over. Jayden also got a riding toy like Ethan's except it's a train. My mom didn't consider the fact that Ethan is obsessed with trains so naturally Ethan took to it. I don't think Jayden ever got to really play with it until the next morning before Ethan woke up. (poor guy) Jayden got lots of great toys and some cute clothes, which I'm excited about b/c he's been wearing hand me downs basically the whole year.
Well to wrap up just want to say all the things that I love about Jayden:
His big blue eyes, happy personality, the way he cuddles with his blanket when he's sleepy, the way he smacks his mouth before he eats, the way he rocks back and forth to music, noise and going to sleep, the way he scoots on one leg when he's keeping up with Ethan, the way he holds on to me, the way he wakes up so happy in the morning, the way he giggles to pieces at Ethan, that he gets so excited when daddy comes home, when I put veggies on his plate, he'll just flick it w/ his little finger...(how does he know it's good for him?), the way he loves to climb the stairs and would spend all day going up and down them. I'm sure there's so much more. He's such a loveable boy and is so attached to his mommy-which I love because Ethan is a daddy's boy all the way!
So looking back on this past year w/ Jayden has been such a blessing and I can't wait to have many more.
Happy Birthday Jayden!!

1 comment: