Thursday, March 18, 2010

What I read today...

I follow the Proverbs 31 blog and today's title was "Am I messing up my kids." The key verse that was shared was John 9:3 "’Neither this man nor his parents sinned,’ said Jesus, ’but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.’" She then went on and explained how she was talking to her friend and her friend was struggling with her son. She was able to comfort her friend with that verse and let her know that what her son is going through isn't because of her mistakes or her sons, but God is helping her son work through some fears that will eventually be a display of spiritual depth in his life. This story immediately hit home for me. The past couple of weeks have been really tough with Ethan. He has been very disobedient and I'm just exhausted from disciplining him all day and feel like I'm getting no where with him. I find myself asking, "Why me? What did I do to deserve this?" So reading this devotional really helped me realize that what I'm going through with Ethan right now isn't necessarily because of my mistakes but that God is using this time to teach me and mold me into a better mother. Sometimes I have to remind myself that he's only 2 and that he has ALOT of learning to do so it's my job as his mother to hold it together! I'm not going to lie and say it's easy. I constantly have to pray for the fruits of the Spirit to shine through me. I'm so thankful that God uses these devotionals to remind me of the little things.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, you are not alone, always know that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete