Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A new bed and new room

Ever since Jayden was born I had planned on putting him and Ethan together in the same room. Well we kept putting it off b/c of multiple issues. First it was Ethan getting used to his toddler bed, then when I did try, Ethan just continued to upset Jayden by screaming in his face, and then it was trying to get Jayden to sleep through the night. I hadn't anticipated on Jayden taking 11 months to do so! I'm sad to say that for those 11 months he has been sleeping in a pack and play. I know that it probably had something to do with his sleeping habits to but just didn't want to take the crib apart and then move it into the other room and rebuild it. So we finally decided that it was time that Jayden needed to be in his crib. The only problem was that Ethan had started to get out of his bed at night and come into our room. So we moved him back into the crib so he could get used to sleeping w/o waking up. I had relayed all this information to my mom and so she came up with the idea of maybe getting Ethan a bed that he would really like and giving me a new room. I loved the idea and since he's obsessed with trains we decided to get him a thomas the train bed.
So this past weekend my parents came up to visit and we had decided to transform our guest room into Ethan's new room. My parents took the kids out in the morning to Rompnroll and then took them to lunch. Ish and I had exactly 2 hrs to get the room painted. Suprisingly we got it done in time. After we finished, mom and I went on the hunt for curtains and bedding. No luck on bedding in Lynchburg for toddlers but we did score some great curtains at Target. They were the right color and also had a room darkening liner on the back which was perfect b/c that room gets alot of sun.
So by Sunday we were able to get the room all done minus pictures on the wall and a few other decorations. Overall it looks great and the important thing is that he loves it!




2 comments:

  1. I am telling you....boys love them some Thomas!!! It cracks me up! The room looks great!

    ReplyDelete