Thursday, February 25, 2010

What a morning

Today started off with both boys waking up before 7:00. I made Ethan some oatmeal which he ate like 4 bites of and then fed Jayden. Because we hardly had any groceries I decided that I'd go to ChickfilA and grab a free cinnamon cluster for breakfast. I figured since we were all up so early, it would be good to run my errands before Jayden's nap. So I quickly got the boys dressed, slapped some make up on and ran out the door. We both enjoyed our free cinnamon cluster and then I let the boys play in the play area. Because it was still early there were not any other kids in there so that was nice. After that we headed to Walmart to grab a few groceries. The boys did really well and we were in and out of there in 30 min.
Once we got home, I laid Jayden down for his nap and unloaded the groceries. I was so exhausted by the time I sat down! As I was checking my email, I could tell that Ethan was getting a little ancy for attention so I decided to give him a little project. I had gotten the idea from a website that a friend referred me to for craft ideas. Usually Ethan doesn't have that much interest in crafts but I'm trying to explore new things to see what it is that he enjoys. So this project consisted of some dried noodles, a bowl, and a couple of scoops. I told him what to do with it and then let him at it. It was a hit! He had so much fun pouring, filling, spilling, and eating the noodles. I could tell he didn't enjoy eating the noodles but he tends to just keep food in his mouth if he can't chew it. So if you're wondering why he's so quiet in the video it's because he has some noodles in his mouth lol.