Wednesday, February 17, 2010

To all my fellow healthy peeps...


I came across this recipe from the Sneaky Chef and had been wanting to try it for some time. It's called Easy Stove top lasagna. Right now I am very interested in pureeing vegetables or fruits and throwing it in a dish. I think it's a great way to eat vegetables. Not only am I doing this for my husband and kids but for myself. There are a lot of veggies I don't like and I tend to get very bored with the same options each night. So I have no problem with grinding up veggies and "hiding" them in a dish.

This particular recipe called for peas, spinnach and broccoli. I did all of them but also added cauliflower as well. So I pureed them in my tiny mixer-which doesn't work the best but it does get the job done.

After pureeing the veggies I added some tomatoe paste to make it brown and then added that to my ground turkey. Then you are to layer the noodles over the meat and then add the sauce and let cook for 30 min.



Once it's done then you add the cheese. I thought it turned out well and my husband had no idea that there were veggies hidden in the lasagna. (I never told him hehe) Over all I thought it tasted good. I like my lasagna to have more sauce so next time I may add more and it was also missing ricotta cheese which I think gives it a little more flavor but for being "easy" this recipe was great.

















No comments:

Post a Comment