Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Raleigh Visit

For the past few days I have been in Raleigh staying with my parents. Ish had a business trip in Las Vegas and didn't want to be by my lonesome especially since we got so much snow. So I packed my bags and headed to NC where it has not snowed yet!
Whenever I come to visit it's a little challenging to keep Ethan occupied. He has plenty of toys here but he seems to get bored much quicker than when he's at home. So you can imagine the challenges that come along with that. Ethan tends to want to eat and drink all the time when he's bored so he's constantly asking me for juice and when I say no the meltdown starts.
Well on Monday I decided to take the boys to the mall so that they could play in their play area. I just love having this option for kids. I really wish our mall was that cool. He played for a while and then we had lunch at Mcdonalds. He had so much fun running around in the play area. I love to watch him interact with other kids because he tends to gravitate to the older children. He'll just walk right up to them and start babbling something. It's the cutest thing. I'm sure the older kids wonder why this little boy is following them around but I think it's cute.
Well today's adventure was taking him to Monkey Joes. It's a huge play area with bouncy houses that consists of slides, climbing, jumping, etc. He had a blast trying to keep up with the big kids. It was exhausting for me because I had to hold Jayden most of the time. There were many times that Ethan couldnt climb the bigger steps to get to the slides and I would have to asist him. Thankfully I had a friend there to watch Jayden so that I could do this with Ethan a few times. There was one bouncy area that I was able to go in with both boys and let them roam free until the bigger kids came in and took over. This was my resting spot. I was so exhausted when it was all over. I will definitely go again but will probably wait until Jayden can walk and bring Ishmael with me.
Me and the boys have had a great time visiting my family and have enjoyed all the great amentities that Raleigh has to offer!
We plan on leaving in a couple of days if the weather cooperates!