Monday, February 1, 2010

A snowed in weekend

Saturday morning we woke up with 10in of snow covering the ground and it continued to come down all day. Because the wind was blowing the snow like a blizzard, I had no desire to go outside just yet. So I spent most of my day doing some cleaning and baking. And of course tending to the boys. Well whenver it snows Ish always makes up some excuse so he can go out and drive in it. He loves being able to use his 4wheel drive. Well this time his excuse was to go get some lunch for us and thought he'd take Ethan with him. I had no complaints there so I got to take a long shower (which I never get to do anymore) and Jayden got a good long nap with no interruptions.
After lunch I got the itch to bake some chocolate cookies. For some reason whenever it snows I always want to bake somekind of sweets. Ish likes it when I get in these moods b/c I hardly ever have 'goodies" in the house. My goal was to make homemade oreos and I was pretty excited about them.

Homemade oreos

So Saturday was definitely just a day that we lounged around and had plenty of family time. Ish and I attempted to finish the night by watching a movie together but we both fell asleep halfway through.

Well Sunday started off as another lazy day. I got to take 2 naps! It was so wonderful! When me and the boys woke up from our afternoon nap we decided to join Ish for some sledding. We got the boys all bundled up and headed out for the snow. We met up with some friends and had a great time going down the hill. Ethan's 1st time consisted of us all riding together on a sled and then we hit a bump and went in the air and landed hard on our bottoms. I think that scared him a little because that ended with him crying. Ish preceeded to go down with him again and he wasn't liking it but he took him down anyways. We thought he just needed some time to warm up to it. Well he did a lot of standing around and didn't want to even touch the snow. We're hoping he'll get more into it when he gets older but for now he had no interest. We were able to borrow a large tube to go sledding on and we made Ethan go down with us. He wasn't not happy that he was getting ready to go down this huge hill but after it was all over he was so excited.


Look at that face of his!


Overall we had a great time. I do wish that Ethan had been more excited about the snow but it'll come with time I'm sure. After we wore ourselves out from sledding we grabbed some KFC to go and headed home. What a great day and weekend we had being snowed in!