Saturday, April 18, 2009

The 1st week


It's been a week since we've had Jayden in our family. He is such a good baby. The only time he cries is when I change his diaper and of course if I don't feed him right away. He does pretty well at night but he really likes sleeping next to his mommy. Whenever I lay him in his bassinet at night after his feeding, he seems to have a hard time falling back asleep. I've tried rocking him to sleep but once I lay him down he tends to wake up and will just kick his legs and move his arms all over the place. So naturally I'm not getting any sleep by listening to him move around and hearing him suck his pacifier. But as soon as I pick him up and lay him next to me, he falls right to sleep. And since I'm up every 2-3 hrs, I want as much sleep as possible. I hope I can get him to eventually sleep in his bed but for now I'm enjoying Jayden being cuddled up against me.

The most interesting part of having Jayden in our lives is Ethan getting adjusted to his new brother. Ever since we brought Jayden home, Ethan has acted like a totally different child. For the most part he's sweet around Jayden and seems to understand that Jayden is his brother. But sometimes he gets a little too excited and starts waving his hands close to jayden and I'm also scared he's going to slap him. I definitley have to keep an eye on him b/c there's no telling what he'd do. Ethan has also started screaming more and throwing these temper tantrums. It is not a pleasant thing to witness. I just pray that this will only last a short time and that this is just his way of dealing with change.
So our 1st week at home has had its good moments and its bad but most of all it's great being a family of 4!

3 comments:

  1. Sara, I think its the age of our children ... that goes with the tantrum thing... Dustin has banned all public dinners until Pressley is more mature!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember..."This too shall pass!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    I really just grab these from other blogs, I keep up with the ones on the right side down on my blog and they continuously post deals through out the day. The good thing is, they explain it all to you in that you really don't have to do much but get the coupons and go and buy it. These ladies on my blog will figure it all out and tell you exactly what to buy and what to use and where. It's kind of neat because I do not have the time to figure it all out myself. When you click on their blogs, don't click on the title of their newest post, click on their title so that it bring up all of the deals they have posted, so just scroll down and figure out what you want. Another good thing, they will tell you which coupon to use and sometimes they'll post the link directly to it so all you have to do is print it out! If you have any problems, let me know!

    ReplyDelete