Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a "Good Friday" it was!

On April 10, 2009, little Jayden Ross was born at 10:20 am weighing at 6lbs 15oz and 20 in long. He is the cutest little boy and so far I haven't noticed any features on him that are mine. Jayden definitley has taken after the LaBiosa side but I'm hoping there's some Ross in there somewhere!
We were very suprised when he decided to show up right on his due date. I had gone to the doctor the day before and she told me that I was only dialated at 2 1/2 and that it looks like I may be delivering him as much as 8 days late. I left the doctor feeling a little disappointed and called my family to let them know that I probably wasn't going to have the baby the next day like we were hoping.
At 2:30am I woke up feeling some mild contractions in my lower back. I layed there ignoring them thinking it was nothing and that they would go away. Well they didn't. Finally around 3:00, I woke up Ishmael to tell him I may be in labor and after finally getting ourselves packed and ready we headed to the hospital a little after 4:00. Thank goodness I listened to my gut because when we finally got settled in, I found out that I was dialated about 6 1/2. We didn't have to wait too long before it was time for me to push because time seems to fly by when you are in so much pain! After a couple of pushes he decided to grace his appearance at 10:20 am. How exciting it is to see your baby for the 1st time! For 9 months I had been wondering what he looked like and now he was finally in my arms. When he came out he was so alert and just looked all around him. He has the skinniest little legs and long fingers and toes. I didn't recognize his features so I know they must be from the LaBiosa side. It's so funny when different genes show up in your child. At least with Ethan, he got my ears and eyes but with Jayden, I'm not too sure. I'm sure with time I'll be able to tell who he looks like.
So it's been a great Easter weekend welcoming a new baby boy to our family. Ethan is still adusting to his brother but he seems to be very intrigued by him. I'll try and post some pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment