Friday, June 19, 2009

The doctor visiIt

So today I had to take Jayden for his 2 month check up and Ethan for his 18 month check up. I knew it was going to be alot of work with 2 kids on my own but I know mom's do it all the time so I tried to not make a big deal about it.
It started off fine until we had to wait in the room until the doctor got there. Ethan kept crawling back in his stroller and pointing towards the door, so I knew he either was trying to tell me that he wanted to leave or he wanted to go for a stroll. After bribing him with juice it held him off for a little while the doctor looked over Jayden.
Jayden ended up weighing 11 lbs and 9 oz which I thought was amazing but apparently it's still in the 25% of his age group. I need to look up Ethan's info from his 2 month check up to see how much different or similar they are. Jayden had to get his immunizations today but he did really well.
Ethan however, haha he's just a handful. He had to get a couple of shots as well, which he did not appreciate. He screamed so loud that my ears were ringing. The nurse even commented that he had a very loud scream. He's just a little dramatic when he gets hurt but I did give him the mommy hug to try and get him to calm down. I tried offering him a cookie and when he turned it down, I knew he felt bad.
By the time I finally got the boys in the car I was extremely exhausted. I had no idea how tired I was until I sat down to breathe. Overall I think they did really well considering but I'm glad it's over.

1 comment:

  1. Sara!!! AHHH I know what you're talking about!!!

    I made the mistake of doing that too, goodness gracious!

    ReplyDelete