Sunday, June 28, 2009

Someone's in the kitchen...

When Ethan goes to visit his friend Raegan, he loves to play in her little kitchen. He mainly enjoys putting food in the microwave and opens and shuts the door. This usually entertains him for quite some time. Well I have been looking for a tool bench with some kind of doors or gadgets to easily entertain himself with. I usually look at the local consignment shops and check craigslist periodically and I hadn't really been successful.
Well yesterday I thought I would venture out to the consignment shop since I hadn't been there for a while. I came across a tool bench that appeared to be really nice but there really wasn't anything interesting about it. He already has a set of play tools but the play area didn't have anything for him to really push or open. I did however love the fact that it was only $15. I decided to put it on hold and check another store to see if they would have something similar cheaper or better. I didn't end up finding another tool bench but I did find this awesome kitchen set. It too was only $15 but it had 7 doors for him to open and it came with a few plates and silverware. I knew he would love it but I was a little nervous to know what my husband was going to think. He has made it very clear that he doesn't like Ethan playing with "girly" things. I've told him many times that it doesn't matter but he just gives me a look. O but the cool thing about the kitchen is that it's not pink like most of them are, it was actually gray and black. It definitely looks like a little boys kitchen.
Anyways, I decided to make the executive decision to get it b/c it would help me a lot during the day if he would play by himself.
When I brought it home, Ethan's face just lit up and he immediately starting playing with it. He quickly discovered that the stove makes noises & if you push the eye on the stove they make a frying and boiling sound and there's knobs that sound like a timer going off. I had no idea that it did all that so I'm glad that I ended up getting that for him instead of the tool bench play area.
I'm hoping that it'll encourage him to want to be in the kitchen when he gets older so he can cook for his momma! :D
I'll have to post some pictures up of him playing with it if we ever buy a new camera!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Ethan liked it...I can just his happy face when you came in. I miss you guys. And girl, you need a camera!

    ReplyDelete