Friday, June 5, 2009

All about Jayden

Jayden is now 8 weeks old and he has changed so much already! He's the sweetest baby and I've really enjoyed my time with him. He has already developed a personality and is cooing and smiling at me all the time. Whenever I change his diaper and clothes he always smiles at me and just loves when I talk to him. He eats really well and sleeps really well. He has developed a really good routine during the day so I don't have to really worry too much about him. He eats on schedule and is happy when he's awake and then he'll let me know when it's nap time.  He hasn't quite perfected falling asleep on his own. Sometimes he'll fall asleep with me just laying him down and then there are sometimes he just wants me to rock him. He's just my little cuddler and I love it. 
He hasn't quite slept through the night consistently yet but I know it'll come with time. Right now he can stretch his feeding times to 4 hrs at night. So depending what time I go to bed I really only wake up once in the middle of the night and then really early in the morning. Recently he's developed a pattern of waking up at 5:00am which is hard b/c he acts like he's ready to stay up. Once I change his diaper in between the feeding he starts smiling and talking. It's hard not to smile back because it is so cute...even at 5 in the morning. So needless to say he wants to stay awake and I'm just trying to get him to go back to sleep b/c I'm still a zombie. I'm hoping this habit of his fades so that I can get more sleep. Sleep is very precious to me now that I have two kids. I am usually exhausted after dinner time and just ready to go to bed but that's usually Ishmael time so I strive to stay awake as long as my body lets me. I'm hoping once Jayden starts sleeping through the night then I'll get the rest I need to stay awake during the day. I'll probably sneak a nap in every now and then b/c I just love to nap!
Jayden will get his 2 month checkup soon so it'll be interesting how much he has grown. At his 1 month check up he weighed 8lbs 14oz so he gained about 2 lbs within a month. Which I was really impressed b/c with his jaundice he had gotten down to 6lbs 3oz during that 1st week. 
I now realize why God brought Jayden into our lives a lot earlier then what we had planned. Because Ethan is going through his tantrum stage I tend to get frustrated but when I look at Jayden and he's so happy and smiles at me it makes me feel a lot better. So I believe Jayden is here in our lives to get me through this tough time with Ethan because otherwise I think I would be cranky all the time.  So I'm very thankful for both my boys and I am truly blessed to have them in our lives. Even though I may get stressed at times, being a mom is always rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment