Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me!

Mother's day started off with me feeling sick so I had made up my mind that I was just going to stay home and take it easy. Ishmael had to collect donations at the church for mom's in Haiti so he left early that morning. Around 9:00 I started to feel a little better and proceded to get ready for the day. Ish called me and asked me if I'd seen the porch that morning. I was assuming that the crazy wind from the day before had blown leaves and pollen all over our porch after we'd just cleaned it off. So with that said, didn't rush to go look at the porch. Well at the last minute, I decided to get the boys ready for church and was rushing out the door to get there on time. When I opened the door he had a rose bush and a gerber daisy plant w/ a card sitting on the porch. I was so suprised and it just really made my day. We had been wanting to plant a rose bush in our flower garden and so now everytime I'll look at the roses, it'll remind me of Mother's Day!
Once I got to church, the church was offering up free family pictures. So we headed over to the gym to get our picture taken. It ended up taking longer than I thought it would so by the time we were getting ready to drop off the boys in the nursery I was starving. I still wasn't feeling the best so I wasn't sure I wanted to sit through church with a hungry and queesy stomach. So we decided to just grab some lunch and head home. Ish also had to record a recital that afternoon so I wanted us to have as much time w/ him as we could. Well that afternoon consisted of the boys napping and me laying on the couch watching movies. I couldn't had asked for a more relaxing afternoon. Once Ish got home we decided to order in so I wouldn't have to cook (that's Ish's way of cooking hehe) then we loaded up the boys and headed out for some ice cream. Then we ended the evening shopping at the new Kroger lol. Overall I had a great day even though Ish had to work most of it. I'm just glad he remembered to spoil me a little.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, how did I miss this post?!??! That was really sweet of him! Knowing what I know now, do you think the sickness was due to Baby Numero Tres?!?

    ReplyDelete