Friday, June 18, 2010

What a week!

This week I have been in Raleigh visiting friends and family. Our best friends had moved to Japan for a business opportunity last year and they came back to the states for vacation to visit their families. We were able to work it out so that we could see them while they were here. So Sunday evening Ish and I drove to Greenville, NC to hang out with our friends without our kids. It was so nice to just have an evening where we could actually enjoy dinner and take our time! The next day they drove to Raleigh with their 2 girls and spent the day with us. We were going to make extensive plans but with naps between our kids we decided to just go to the play area in the mall and have lunch there and then come back to the house so they could nap. While the kids napped (all but Ethan..no suprise there!) Ish and his friend Ryan went and played tennis. Later when the kids woke up we joined them at the pool for some swimming. It maybe lasted an hr lol. Then we came back, ordered pizza and then went out for ice cream later. We had such a great time seeing them again. No matter how much time goes by without us seeing them, we are always able to just pick up where we left off. We catch ourselves saying all the time that we wished they lived closer and that we could see them on a regular basis. Maybe one day we'll be able to live in the same state and country!

Ish has to work a wedding on Saturday and Sunday this weekend in Danville, which is an hr and half away from Raleigh. So..I figured I'd stay in Raleigh through the weekend and meet up with him on Sunday before his wedding. In order for me to not go crazy being on my own at my parents house, I knew I was going to have to keep those boys busy. Everyday we drove somewhere to visit a friend or family, came home for naps and then cooked dinner at the house and went to bed. It doesn't sound like much but boy am I exhausted! I never realized how much I depend on my husband to help me out until he's not around to help.  I really do appreciate him coming home and just playing with the kids while I cook dinner. Trying to cook dinner at my mom's house was a nightmare and a such a challenge. I had Jayden under my feet getting into all the cabinets, pushing buttons on the dvd player, dropping things, crying because he was hungry all at the same time. Then I had Ethan whining because he wanted to go outside and play. That was the day I wished I could've snapped my fingers and dinner would be ready! And yes, I wanted to pull my hair out.
So needless to say, I've had a great time visiting friends and my family but boy do I miss my hubby. I hope I can reflect on this week to remind myself how much I really do appreciate him. I can't wait to squeeze his neck and give him a smooch when I see him! Love you babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment