Friday, June 11, 2010

This is what's been going on...

My boys are growing up so fast and are learning new things everyday. Here's a quick recap of what's going on with each one.
Ethan is learning new things all the time and is soaking up new information like a sponge. It amazes me how quickly he can pick up on things now. Right now we are learning our letters just like every other 2 year old out there. Recently I've been picking a letter for the week and starting him off with some kind of craft resembling that letter. So far we've only made it to B lol.  A few craft ideas that we did was with the letter A, we made an alligator and all week we talked about alligators and happened to see them everywhere in books, tv, and in the store. This week we did the letter B and made a bumble bee since we are seeing them a lot lately. He used to just call them bugs, but now he actually says bee and does the buzzing sound. Because of my type A personality I have to go in order with the alphabet as far as studying each letter. He has picked up on other letters just from learning the alphabet such as I,O,R,S, and T. It's funny b/c some days he'll point them out to me and say them and the other days he acts like he has no idea what I'm talking about. I think he's just playing w/ me. We are also trying to learn all our colors and shapes. This is a little challenging but we're getting there. He knows the colors pink, orange, red, blue, and white. He knows how to draw a circle and can point out a triangle. We've been working on rectangles and squares this week so hopefully he'll get it down. I'm thinking Ethan must be a visual learner like his momma b/c the days that I've actually done a craft or activity with him on a color or shape is when he usually seems to pick up on it quicker.
Other things that he's doing is talking, talking, talking! I love being able to have a conversation with him now and we can understand each other for the most part. The other day when I was feeding him lunch, he was just telling me everything he wanted like a spoon for his macaroni, fork for his hotdog, and ketchup. It just made me smile how well he was communicating. Just another reminder how quickly they grow up!
Jayden is 14 months now and is walking! On Saturday he just started walking around on his own a lot more here and there and then by the time Monday came around he was doing it most of the day. Now my life just got crazier! I hope I can keep up with these wild boys =) Jayden is also eating alot better and not being as picky as he was. For a while he would only eat bread, meat, and some fruit and no veggies. But recently he's started liking macaroni (about time), spaghetti, fish, green beans, and corn. We haven't tried carrots with him in a while so hopefully he'll take to them the next go round. Jayden is also babbling a lot more and trying to form words. I've heard him say dadda, momma, and uh oh. Which isn't alot for his age but it'll come with time!
I wish I had some recent pictures of the boys but I have slacked off on the picture taking. I'll try to do better!

1 comment:

  1. I would have to say that I absolutely adore these boys! (And their parents!) They are so smart, and are such blessings! I can't wait to find out more on Baby #3!

    ReplyDelete