Thursday, September 16, 2010

Finally something different

Ok so I don't know about you but I get into these cooking ruts where I have no clue what to cook. I'l stare and stare into my pantry and can't come up with anything. Then I look through my cook books yet another millionith time and still can't find anything that really appeals to me. So that's where the internet comes into use. I check http://www.allrecipes.com/ on a regular basis to see if there's anything that I'd like to try or I'll just do random searches with a specific ingredient like chicken to see what will come up. Of course I get overwhelmed when I realize there are soo many things to make with chicken. Well I happened to stumble across this website/blog called http://www.momswhothink.com/ and they have tons of recipes to look up. They also have family week meal plans where you get a different meal idea for each day! I had heard of things like this before and they basically give you a grocery list of what to buy but those websites cost. Plus if there's something you don't like on that menu, you've put money into it and kindof lost it in my opinion. Well this option is free! And you can just go through the weeks and pick out what you want to try and kindof arrange your own meal plan for the week. All I did was just print off those recipes and went through the ones I know will work for my family. I also like that not every meal consists of a meat since that can get a little pricey on your grocery bill.
So tonight I tried my 1st recipe called Easy Chicken Stroganoff. It was easy and delicious, but for some reason Ethan put up a fight to eat it but it could just be because he's going through that picky stage right now. I'm determined not to cook several things just to please him. Of course my husband thinks differently but I don't want my kids to think that I'm their slave in the kitchen. But that's a whole other subject. So for now, we're going to see how these meal ideas work out so I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I got the book at Kohl's. It's at the front at checkout. When you purchase it, the money goes for some donation so I think that's why they're so cheap! Let me know if you can't find it and I'll grab one and send it to you!

    ReplyDelete