Wednesday, September 22, 2010

They were yummy!

Just to update you on the recipes that I have been trying out through http://www.momswhothink.com/ Lastnight I made their Bacon and cheese quiche, except I tweeked it a little. It called for just cheese and bacon and instead I added some leftover chicken I had from the Chicken Stroganoff meal. Then I added some spinach just so we would have a vegetable to eat. Gotta get those veggies!  Well being that it was my first quiche that I had made, it turned out wonderful. I honestly couldn't stop eating it! Even the boys really liked it. So I will be making that one again!
Tonight I made Tuna casserole. I used to eat this all the time growing up but it was never homemade, always hamburger helper style. Now I try to avoid those boxed meals b/c of the MSG and other chemicals in it. So I was excited to try a homemade version. It actually turned out really good as well. I used macaroni noodles like it called for so when Ish saw the casserole and the broccoli he said, "no meat tonight?" He said this because the boy always has to eat some kind of meat every night. Well he was suprised when I told him we were eating tuna casserole. (He's also not much of a casserole fan either) But he liked it..didn't go for 2nd's but he liked it :)
So that concludes my week #1 following the dinner meal plans on that website. So far I've liked the recipes that I've tried. Because all of it is homemade there are a few ingredients that I have a hard time finding in the store and just choose not to put it in the recipe. And actually I haven't missed them b/c not sure what they taste like anyway haha. Like I said, I pick and choose which ones that I like for that week and then use them when I've run out of my own ideas. This next week looks like it's going to be a good one and might have to try all of them if it doesn't rack up my grocery bill! The good thing about most of these recipes, is that there are always leftovers the next day. So it does stretch the dollar.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE reading about recipes b/c i'm always trying to add onto my top 10 or whatever.. not that i love to cook, but i love to find a "treasure" that I can add to the rotation. I'm always on the search for the best easy, cheap, tastes yummy, and healthy recipe.

    ReplyDelete